Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Not Kute

I've always had an issue with this filth. It started in the third grade when the kids' choir I was in decided they needed a name.


'They', being the adults with sub-par intelligence who kept watch over us youngsters, arrived at the name Kids For Khrist.


I don't make this stuff up. I lived through it.


First off, who the hell is Khrist? The overuse of letter K throws me off and all I can think about is doughnuts or hate groups. (Offhand question...why is it ok to spell that word doughnuts and donuts?)


Once you've recovered from the shock of spelling a Deity's name incorrectly on purpose, you have to wonder at the purpose. I mean...really and truly...why would you do this? WHY?


I was young and Karefree enough to believe that perhaps my Khoir director was mentally challenged, and that she should be left alone to make seasonal crafts out of popsicle sticks and googly eyes.

But then as life went on, I noticed that she wasn't the only Khallenged one in the world.

Sadly, most of these Krappy spellings come from Khurches that are trying to be Kute.

Instead of achieving that oh-so-important label, they Kreate a whole world of Krazy Kids who don't know the difference between the letters C and K.

Today as I answered the phones, I reached for a paper that had the directions to this year's Jam Kamp.

And I decided that I Kouldn't take it any longer.

I don't know what you Kreative Kid Kohorts are trying to do with your double dealing spelling problems.

But you are neither Kute nor Kreative.

You, my popsicle stick friends, are Krazy.

In the immortal words of Cookie Monster:
"C is for Cookie and THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You KRACK me up! And I must admit, those who would choose to spell Christ with a K and call it our lord are Krazy. Thanks for the laughs!

Beth McDermott said...

this might be my favorite blog youve ever written.

Steph said...

haha love it! And someone beat me to the "Krack me up" line:(